Do you feel safe? Connected to earth? Grounded and Present?
Your First Chakra, Root Chakra at the base of your spine, gives you physical vitality, a sense of safety, survival, prosperity, and more.
How do you know your Root Chakra needs help?
- Weakness, fatigue, low immune system, bone and joint issues
- Poor nourishment or overeating
- Underlying fears, lack of safety, lack of trust
- Feeble finances, weak money-management
- Feeling disorganized, poor focus
- Misplacing things, forgetting appointments
- Difficulty paying attention in a conversation or a task
- Feeling floaty, spaced out, disconnected, want to escape
A weak first chakra is ungrounded, not here and now in the present.
Often we live up in our head, disconnected from our legs and Mother Earth. We might be restless, airy-fairy, poorly focused, anxious or fearful.
An excessive first chakra is too focused on materials, on food, too heavy, sluggish, hoarding.
Your strength in first chakra is a balance of independence, healthy vitality and resourcefulness, along with trust and cooperation, a sense of belonging and mutual support with others.
Energy flows from the earth up the legs to the base of the spine, fueling our root chakra. With stability we feel we are right here now. The Earth supports us. We feel our foundation, built upon home and family. We know we’ll survive, provide for ourselves and have enough.
Tips to improve First (Root) Chakra:
- Make peace with your family of origin.
- Release inherited fears from ancestors who may have been oppressed.
- Learn to give and receive within a supportive community.
- You belong; you have a place; you have a right to be here.
- Engage in fun exercise, movement, yoga, bodywork, massage, warm baths.
- Enjoy your bodily senses of touching, smelling, tasting.
- Walk in Nature and imagine Earth Energy coming up into your feet.
- Walk Barefoot on the Earth, feel its energy.
- Sit against a tree trunk and feel into its roots. Or hug a tree for awhile.
- Explore earthiness – get into soil and plants.
- Get organized in your home; finish practical chores.
- Spend only within your means.
- Open to your feelings, instinct, intuition, spontaneity.
- Let Life in – let Life affect you.
- Use a daily Grounding Practice which may include “roots” into the earth.
And let your butt feel big. Sometimes when I’ve been super grounded with a strong root chakra, my butt felt really big, gigantic. I’m just saying.
What is your experience with root chakra?
Grounded and Present Meditation
Strengthen First and Second Chakras
Scientists tell us energy medicine is 100x more efficient than chemical medicine. Feel better, get balanced. Diane does hands on healing for your biofield and gives you practical ways to enhance your energy system. Make an appointment in Phoenix or Fountain Hills. Also check out our meditation groups – Tuesdays in Phoenix, Thursdays in Fountain Hills. (Thanks to Flickr for this pic which I modified.)