Our thoughts tell us things should be different. Things should be better.
And we believe our thoughts. Thus, we suffer, says Katie.
We resist what’s happening. We tighten up against it. We stress ourselves. We make ourselves sick over it. (“I’m just sick over this.” -You’re right. What are you doing?)
If we didn’t cling so hard to judgments and opinions, our stress would dissolve.
Live and let live.
We bob in a soup of the wanted and unwanted.
But we don’t have to take it personally.
Diversity is our strength.
Can we see ourselves swimming in a refreshing sea of options, where we feel okay with all of it? We get to choose our own focus of attention.
Play with the starfish and seahorses, if we want.
Don’t kill the squid, just because they’re slimy.
This level of allowing, accepting, could end all war. Or at least end the battles inside you.
Reality is what is true, right in front of you, whatever is happening, says Byron Katie.
Simple. But not simple to accept Reality as it is.
It’s the soup. The sea. But you don’t have to fight against it. Let go and float awhile.
Here are some of my favorite lines from Byron Katie:
- Stress is an alarm clock that lets you know you’ve attached to something not true for you.
- When I argue with reality, I lose—but only 100% of the time.
- If I think you’re my problem, I’m insane.
- Everyone is a mirror image of yourself—your own thinking coming back at you.
- Arguing with reality is like trying to teach a cat to bark—hopeless.
- Everything happens for me, not to me.
- The teacher you need is the person you’re living with.
- It’s not your job to like me – it’s mine.
- Are you futuring the remembered again?
- You either believe what you think or you question it. There’s no other choice.
- An unquestioned mind is the world of suffering.
- No one can hurt me—that’s my job.
- Reality is always kinder than the story we tell about it.
- Gratitude is what we are without a story.
- “I don’t know” is my favorite position.
Check out the 4 Questions that will Change Your Life
and some mind-blowing video discussions at thework.com.
It will soothe your head and heart.
Feel better, get balanced. Diane does hands on healing for your biofield and gives you practical ways to enhance your energy system. Make an appointment in Phoenix or Fountain Hills.
(Thanks, wikimedia, for this Byron Katie pic.)