Colossal pimple got you down? Painful bump on your knuckle? Angry red bunion? Tennis elbow? Lingering bug bite? Itchy rash? Ringworm? Swelling wound? Whether it’s a carbuncle or a pilonidal cyst, if the flesh is bursting with chaos, a hot castor oil pack will soothe and resolve it.
A great traditional remedy, castor oil has been scientifically proven to be antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory. It alleviates the redness, swelling, heat and pain which accompany inflammation and infection.
If the problem is infection, the castor oil pack draws it to the surface so it can drain out.
It takes less than five minutes to prepare a little castor oil pack, and you want to leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Do this at least once a day, or up to three times a day, until you get full relief.
Here ‘s what you need:
– castor oil (from the first-aid aisle or digestive aisle of the drugstore)
– candle (preferably a small votive candle in a candle holder, but any flame will do)
– large metal soup spoon (from a thrift shop, not your best silverware)
– cotton balls
– a clean old sock or old cloth to cover the compress (a section of sock tube holds a compress well on the arm, hand, foot, or lower leg). Traditionalists prefer flannel, and some people like to apply a heating pad on top of the whole thing to help it last longer.
How To Apply a Castor Oil Pack:
- light the candle
- pour castor oil into the spoon
- hold the spoon close over the flame for about 30 seconds (oil heats quickly)
- remove spoon from flame
- place dry cotton ball into the spoon of hot oil to soak up the oil (careful)
- when the oil-saturated cotton ball is still plenty warm but doesn’t burn your fingers (takes a few seconds), then spread it upon the inflamed body part. You want it to be nice and hot, but not so hot that it burns the skin. Your fingertips will know how hot this is.
- immediately cover the compress with a cloth – and it’s fine to cover with extra cloth, to hold in the warmth. If you are working on a carbuncle or something big, throw a heating pad on top, and maybe a folded towel on top of that.
- Leave the compress on for 20 – 30 minutes. Longer if you wish. Repeat daily or even 3 times a day, as mentioned above. Even one session will help, but regular sessions will really resolve the issue.
Enjoy feeling so much better !!!!!!!
Diane Stallings RN does distance healing and Biofield Tuning on the phone, energy healing sessions, EFT, Reiki, health coaching, and gives you practical ways to lift your wellbeing.
Make an appointment in Phoenix or Fountain Hills.