Naturopathic and Functional Medicine doctors say that up to 90% of our health depends upon our digestive system. Our immune system and resistance to disease is deeply interwoven with our intestines.
I’d like to share with you some basic steps in healing the digestive tract, which provides relief for the whole body. This approach has been known to alleviate such things as:
Skin disorders, acne, eczema, psoriasis
A weak immune system (susceptibility to viruses, etc.)
Autoimmune diseases like Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis
Bloating, gas, stomach cramping, loose stools, IBS, constipation
Many “diseases of age,” such as osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, depression
If you’re curious about the reasons why, see my previous posts on digestion, leaky gut, toxins, Autoimmune issues.
Steps to Heal the Belly:
It’s okay to pick and choose the suggestions that resonate with you. Most people find better relief by using all these methods, adding a new step into their practice every week or two.
1. Hydration (Watercure) – drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day and eliminate at least 1 to 3 BMs per day
2. Organic produce; make veggies 50% of your intake; Alkalinize your diet by eating more plants; consider Food Combining
3. Strengthen the Intestines: resolve Candida overgrowth; take high-dose probiotics to restore your gut flora; heal intestinal membranes with diluted yucca juice for a couple months.
4. Option to actively detoxify your body using a green juice fast, or
slowly detoxify on an alkaline diet of 80% plants
5. Find and resolve your subtle food allergies to stop the cycle of inflammation – –
(Gluten and dairy are common offenders.)
Be sure to smell your food (starts digestive juices), and chew till it’s soup in your mouth.
Get some enjoyable exercise each day, moving the lymph system to cleanse the body naturally.
Keep in mind, our digestion is also connected to our emotions. How do I digest my world? My roles in life? My work? My family and friend relationships? My fun?
The more we can slow down to fully process and enjoy our days, the healthier we’ll be.
In a state of appreciation, we find everything nourishes us.
Diane Stallings RN does distance healing and Biofield Tuning on the phone, energy healing sessions, health coaching, and gives you practical ways to lift your wellbeing.
Make an appointment in Phoenix or Fountain Hills.
Pingback: Powerful Cure Yucca Juice? Worth it! | Joystream Health
Pingback: How to Soften and Soothe Psoriasis | Joystream Health
Pingback: Exciting, Free, Feel Better than Ever – Stop the Leak | Joystream Health
Pingback: How to Drop Your Inflammation and Feel Better Now | Joystream Health
Pingback: How to Not Get Sick this Season | Joystream Health
Pingback: Stay Healthy Not Scared in the Impending Epidemic | Joystream Health